Monday, March 7, 2011

"This Looks Healthy"

I often kick Gerald out of the kitchen while I'm cooking...tonight he didn't enter it until I told him dinner was ready. After taking a look around, he said "man, this looks healthy!" I was wondering if that meant he was thinking I was feeding him bird food and was afraid to eat it. However, by the end of the meal he was telling me that I should be a chef...so I think I'll take that as a compliment.
Sun Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken
2 decent size chicken breasts
1/2 small container of plain Greek yogurt
small handful of sun dried tomatoes-chopped
fresh basil
fresh mozzarella
garlic
Mrs. Dash
This is pretty similar to the stuffed chicken I made a week or two ago. However, I used sun dried tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella instead of spinach and feta. I like the sun dried tomatoes that are in the bag rather than the jar because generally the ones in the jar have olive oil in them. Since I use olive oil for many other things, I don't really need the added fat in the tomatoes too.
Anyway, mix together half a small container of plain Greek yogurt, a spoon of minced garlic, some diced sun dried tomatoes, chopped fresh basil, a little bit of cubed fresh mozzarella and some Mrs. Dash. Butterfly the chicken and spread the mixture in the middle. Bake for about half an hour at 350. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm a HUGE fan of Mrs. Dash. If you ever want to buy me a small gift that costs under $5, buy me a new bottle of Mrs. Dash! LOL. There are so many flavors and it doesn't have salt in it so I don't feel guilty using lots of it. My collection of flavors is slowly growing. Since I've been cooking a lot, I've been trying to buy one new bottle of a new spice each week when I go to the grocery store. My cupboard is starting to overflow but it gives me lots to choose from!

Since I've been trying to eat more tomatoes, I decided to make something resembling a Caprese salad tonight. Sliced ripe tomatoes, thin slices of fresh mozzarella, fresh basil leaves and some balsamic vinegar. Yum!

And the final side dish was some asparagus. I found that my favorite way to cook it (and probably the easiest way) is to put it in a microwaveable dish, drizzle it with a little olive oil and sprinkle it with, you guessed it, Mrs. Dash! I cook it for 3 minutes and it is just about perfect. I HATE mushy asparagus, so over cooking it is the worst!
Please excuse the living room picture of my dinner...our big light burned out in the kitchen so I had to carry the plate to the living room to get some good lighting! Gerald is stopping at the store on his way home from basketball to get some light bulbs!
Oh, and I would like to thank you all for reading/viewing my blog! Holy cow, I started it 4 weeks ago today and I think I'll break the 700 views mark tonight! That is insane to me! And let me tell ya, it makes me want to keep on cooking because I know someone is out there enjoying what I'm posting! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment