Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mango Curry Chicken, Veggie Pasta & Spinach Salad

I'm not normally a fan of curry, but I found a mango curry marinade at Safeway (store brand) that I actually really like. So I marinated some chicken breast in it for a couple hours today. Then baked it for 35 minutes at 375.

While the chicken was cooking, I chopped up veggies (peppers, onions, carrots, celery, broccoli, tomatoes, olives). I sauteed the veggies in a little olive oil. While the veggies were sauteing, I boiled some rotini. I like Barilla Plus multigrain pasta. It takes a little longer to cook than normal pasta, but it has protein and omega 3's so it is much better for you. Once the veggies were tender, I stirred the pasta in, added some garlic and some feta cheese. You can add salt and pepper or other spices to taste.

I also made a spinach salad with a few dried cranberries, mandarin oranges and slivered almonds. I thought I would be creative and make a new dressing. I mixed together a little bit of the juice from the can of mandarin oranges with some vinegar and a little oil. I added salt and pepper and stirred it all together. It turned out great and the salad was a nice sweet treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment